Winchester is the perfect place for a group of young students to explore:
- It's safe. It is a small, friendly city where your students can safely experience life in England.
- It's interesting. It is England’s ancient capital and full of historic buildings, monuments and museums.
- It's beautiful. It has a magnificent cathedral and lovely hill and riverside walks.
- It's fun. It has swimming, tennis, golf, a science centre and planetarium, a theatre and a cinema.
- It's less than an hour from London on the train!
If you've got a moment, take a look at this video of our beautiful city:
It's also very easy to get to lots of other fantastic places from Winchester - including Stonehenge, Portsmouth, Southampton, the New Forest and the Isle of Wight. See our Group activities page for things your group can do in Winchester and beyond.
It's very easy to get to London - and the main London airports - from Winchester.