Would you like to bring a group of students to Winchester?
This section of our website is for teachers, language schools, agents or other organisations who would like to bring a group to our beautiful city, recently voted the best place to live the UK! This service is especially suitable for school groups coming to England during term-time.
Why come to us?
- English language tuition by friendly, professional teachers, who get your students speaking only English!
- Top-quality host families, all carefully checked
- Support and guidance from our centrally-located office
Winchester is the perfect place for a group of young students to explore:
- It's safe. It is a small, friendly city where your students can safely experience life in England.
- It's interesting. It is England’s ancient capital and full of historic buildings, monuments and museums.
- It's beautiful. It has a magnificent cathedral and lovely hill and riverside walks.
- It's fun. It has swimming, tennis, golf, a science centre and planetarium, a theatre and a cinema.
- It's less than an hour from London on the train!
If you've got a moment, take a look at this video of our beautiful city:
It's also very easy to get to lots of other fantastic places including Stonehenge, Portsmouth, Southampton, the New Forest and the Isle of Wight. See our Group activities page for things your group can do in Winchester and beyond.
What do we offer:
- English classes - customised to your students' needs
- High-quality host family accommodation
- Transfers from/to airport or port (optional – use public transport if you wish)
- Excursions/activity programme (optional – “do it yourself” if you prefer)
For a no-obligation quote and to check availability, just contact us.
Groups leaders are very important to us, as we know students place their trust in you. We will work closely with you to ensure the best possible experience for your students - and you! We place group leaders in the best available host accommodation (hotel accommodation is also possible, although we advise against this because you miss out on the opportunity to speak English and the cost is generally much higher).
Hoping to see you in Winchester soon!
Chris Polatch, BA, FRSA, MEd TESOL, MIL